This page summarizes all results obtained in HELENA. We primarily use this page to promote all our findings. Papers, data, and other complementing material is hosted at ResearchGate.
Here, you can find our publications…
You want to get a quick overview of our recent results? Download the HELENA and HELENA-Edu booklets, and also check out the complementing material…
Major Conference and Journal Publications
M. Kuhrmann, J. Nakatumba-Nabende, R-H. Pfeiffer, P. Tell, T. Conte, S. G. MacDonell, and R. Hebig: Walking through the Method Zoo: Does Higher Education really meet Software Industry Demands?. International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE-SEET), 2019, (in press)
J. Klüder, R. Hebig, P. Tell, M. Kuhrmann, J. Nakatumba-Nabende, R. Heldal, S. Krusche, M. Fazal-Baqaie, M. Felderer, M. F. G. Bocco, S. Küpper, S. A. Licorish, G. López, F. McCaffery, Ö. Ö. Top, C. R. Prause, R. Prikladnicki, E. Tüzün, D. Pfahl, K. Schneider, and S. G. MacDonell: Catching up with method and process practice: An industry-informed baseline for researchers. International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE-SEIP), 2019, (in press)
M. Kuhrmann, P. Diebold, J. Münch, P. Tell, K. Trektere, F. McCaffery,V. Garousi, M. Felderer, O. Linssen, E. Hanser, C. R. Prause: Hybrid Software Development Approaches in Practice: A European Perspective. IEEE Software, (in press)
M. Kuhrmann, P. Diebold, J. Münch, P. Tell, V. Garousi, M. Felderer, K. Trektere, F. McCaffery, O. Linssen, E. Hanser, C. R. Prause: Hybrid Software and System Development in Practice: Waterfall, Scrum, and Beyond. International Conference on Software and System Process (ICSSP), pp. 30-39, ACM, 2017
G. Theocharis, M. Kuhrmann, J. Münch, P. Diebold: Is Water-Scrum-Fall Reality? On the Use of Agile and Traditional Development Practices. International Conference on Product Focused Software Development and Process Improvement (PROFES), vol. 9459, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 149-166, Springer, 2015
Workshop and Other Publications
Marco Kuhrmann, Philipp Diebold, Stephen MacDonell, and Jürgen Münch. 2nd Workshop on Hybrid Development Approaches in Software Systems Development. 2nd HELENA workshop co-located with Profes 2017, Springer, 2017
- Ezequiel Scott, Dietmar Pfahl, Regina Hebig, Rogardt Heldal, and Eric Knauss. Initial Results of the HELENA Survey Conducted in Estonia with Comparison to Results from Sweden and Worldwide.
- Joyce Nakatumba-Nabende, Benjamin Kanagwa, Regina Hebig, Rogardt Heldal, and Eric Knauss. Hybrid Software and Systems Development in Practice: Perspectives from Sweden and Uganda.
- Paolo Tell, Rolf-Helge Pfeiffer, and Ulrik Pagh Schultz. HELENA Stage 2 – Danish Overview.
- Jil Klünder, Philipp Hohl, Masud Fazal-Baqaie, Stephan Krusche, Steffen Küpper, Oliver Linssen, and Christian R. Prause. HELENA Study: Reasons for Combining Agile and Traditional Software Development Approaches in German Companies.
- Michael Felderer, Dietmar Winkler, and Stefan Biffl. Hybrid Software and System Development in Practice: Initial Results from Austria.
- Nicolás Paez and Diego Fontdevila. HELENA Study: Initial Observations of Software Development Practices in Argentina.
Here, you can download selected presentations on HELENA…
Here, you can find complementing resources, such as questionnaire designs…
HELENA Team: HELENA Stage 2
(Code Book, Questionnaire Structure; English master file, further languages available on request), 2017-01-23
M. Kuhrmann, P. Diebold, J. Münch, P. Tell, V. Garousi, M. Felderer, K. Trektere, F. McCaffery, O. Linssen, E. Hanser, C. R. Prause: HELENA Stage 1 (complementing material), 2017